They say that you need a product in order to become successful as an online marketer.
It's true to a degree but untrue in a general!
You see, people are quietly making a small fortunate from home selling other people's products.
Why Should You Become an Affiliate Marketer?
- Affiliate marketing has certainly been growing over the years with about 5.7% of big affiliate marketers starting in 2006 versus 13.9% in 2012.
- Most affiliate marketers are between 31-40 according to surveys and target B2C products (business to consumer) rather than B2B (business to business).
- 91% of these affiliate marketers choose e-mail marketing as their primary method of contacting customers while 60% work from home.
- What's really interesting though is the salary. While nearly 40% of affiliate marketers earned below $5K in 2013 and use it as a secondary source of income, the top earners surveyed earned as much as $500K (this accounted for 3.3% of marketers).
- 50% were earning at least $10K a year, whereas about 20% were on $50K+. Not bad! (Data from Three Ladders Marketing).
- More data from Webprom shows us that UK businesses earned 14 billion GBP in 2013. This was up 15% from 2012, showing more growth still.
Read More »